Senior Scala Engineer
Do you want to make a difference by combining a passion for technology with excellent teamwork? Do you want to create and implement innovative, high-quality solutions? Forbytes is looking for a Senior Scala Engineer who is ready for new challenges. If you are a pro-active and talented individual then you are just who we are looking for. As your job will require teamwork it is important that you have good communication and time management skills.
- Contribute to product development: understand customer needs and work with the product team to design, plan, and implement new features.
- Analyze and deliver the most. suitable solution.
- Analyze and recommend constant improvement.
Your role in the project
- Work with the engineering team to design, build, and test our cloud-based platform including front-end, back-end, and services.
- Participate in feature estimation, feature prioritization, sprint planning, biweekly sprints, code reviews, and sprint retros.
- Support early customers of our software by investigating and fixing production issues.
- Help our client-partner improve our processes and make the right tradeoffs between agility, cost, and reliability.
A successful candidate for this position should meet the following technical knowledge and previous experience criteria:
- MS degree in Computer Science or technical field; or comparable industry experience.
- Experience with at least 2 of the following:
– 5+ years of back-end development (e.g. REST API) for enterprise B2B product
– 3+ years of Scala experience.
- As a secondary option, we consider candidates with 5+ years of experience in Java who are prepared to switch to Scala.
- Development on cloud platforms including AWS.
- Data warehouse/database experience (as a data scientist or DBA) and SQL expertise.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to learn, challenge yourself, and share your ideas with the team.
- Able to multitask and wear many hats in a fast-paced environment. This week you might lead the design of a new feature, next week you might be fixing a critical bug or improving our CI infrastructure.
- Confident written and spoken English skills.
Will be good if the candidate has:
- Experience porting software to BigQuery and Azure Synapse.
- Cybersecurity experience and strong adversarial thinking.
- Familiarity with program analysis techniques, especially static analysis, and formal methods.
People: A candidate will be working in a team of five highly experienced engineers led by the company’s CTO.
Project: The project is a data security product that enables safe internal use of sensitive data. The software finds and classifies sensitive data in cloud data warehouses, finds risky queries (relative to sensitive fields), and throws alerts when it finds risky queries. Software currently works for Redshift and Snowflake on AWS.
The сlient is a San Francisco company, which is looking to expand the core back-end engineering team (of 4 highly experienced engineers) to help accelerate the product roadmap. The client’s product was selected as TOP 3 startup at RSAC Launch Pad 2020.
Self-development: We guarantee regular new challenges and the ability to make your own decisions. You will be able to visit leading international tech conferences and organize meetings on the client’s side.
Benefits: Brand new spacious two-story office with all the necessary facilities, social package, and compensation benefits that will satisfy even the most demanding specialists. Business trips on the customer’s side in the US.
The position is open in the Lviv office, but we consider remote collaboration on an ongoing basis.