Senior PHP Developer
Do you want to make a difference by combining a passion for technology with excellent teamwork? Do you want to create and implement innovative, high-quality solutions? Forbytes is looking for a Senior PHP developer who is ready for new challenges. If you are a pro-active and talented individual then you are just who we are looking for. As your job will require teamwork it is important that you have good communication and time management skills.
- Analyze and develop the custom required functionality
- Follow the agreed development process
- Deliver clear, defect-free code that meets requirements
- Properly manage time by correctly estimating the work and logging time
Your role in the project
- Deliver functionality specified in requirements that meets the acceptance criteria
- Deliver code that is testable, logically-structured, and meets standards
- Recommend a solution that best fits the client’s business needs
- Create tech documentation of developed solutions
- Integrate eCommerce solutions with external systems
- Support and maintain complex, full-scale online stores and fix their issues
- Estimate tasks and issues
A successful candidate for this position should meet the following technical knowledge and previous experience:
- Has at least four years of relevant experience without any pauses and switches to other languages, as PHP Back-End (full-stack also works) developer working with Laravel/Lumen/Symfony frameworks for at least a year.
- Understanding of OOP/Functional programming principles and design patterns
- Unit testing experience is required
- Knowledge of PHP starting from version 7.0 and higher, and MongoDB
- Experience working with GIT
- Familiar with Linux (navigation, working with files and folders, configuring servers, etc.)
- Familiar with any cloud-based environment (AWS/Google Cloud)
- Experience with building REST API-based applications
- Experience with Docker-based local dev environment
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with high-load and optimization
Knowledge or previous experience that would be a plus:
- Developing scalable cloud solutions
- MySQL, Redis, Pub/Sub experience
- eCommerce business domain
- Web performance optimization
- Experience in Agile development approach (knowledge of Jira on developer level)
- Good written and communication skills in English
Will be good if the candidate has knowledge or previous experience with
- Porting software to BigQuery and Azure Synapse
- Experience with cybersecurity, and strong adversarial thinking
- Highly desirable: familiarity with program analysis techniques, especially static analysis and formal methods
People: The team currently consists of a Tech lead/Senior BE, PM/BA, QA, Front-end, Back-End
Developer, and Product Owner on the client side.
This position is considering remote full-time job from other regions (however, the team prefers the
candidate to work from office or at least visit the office occasionally).
Project: BHG holding company owns several successful and rapidly growing online retailers in the DIY and Home furnishing and decor segment. For BHG, Forbytes is building a Product information exchange (PIE) solution that gives companies within the holding the following advantages:
- Exchange of products between companies within the group
- Increases product stock, improves product information exchange, etc.
- Boosts sales by selling products of other companies with the group
Self-development: We guarantee regular new challenges and the ability to make your own decisions. You will be able to visit leading international tech conferences and organize meetings on the client’s side.
Benefits: Brand new spacious two-story office with all the necessary facilities, social package, and compensation benefits that will satisfy even the most demanding specialists.