Gymgrossisten: Enterprise E-Commerce Solution
built on Magento Platform
Gymgrossisten, founded in 1996, is regarded as a pioneer of e-commerce. The Company started its development from being a small private company and became the Scandinavian leader in its niche. It is one of the largest sports nutrition companies in the world with around 100-million-dollars worth of sales annually. The company is established in Scandinavia and Western Europe. Gymgrossisten has 6 online stores: Gymgrossisten.com in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland; bodystore.com and fitnessmarket.se that operate in Sweden.
With the profound business growth, the Customer identified a need to move to the Magento Enterprise Platform in order to be able to respond to the new market challenges quickly and efficiently. The initial requirement was a dedicated team of talented software developers able to maintain current IT processes as well as work on new platform development. The Team should seamlessly fit into the Company’s business environment and be involved in Gymgrossisten’s business for the long-term. As it was difficult to find people with such expertise locally, they made a decision to partner with Forbytes who could supply experienced software developers from Lviv, Ukraine.
There are currently 4 experienced engineers (3 software engineers and 1 quality assurance engineer) in the team who became an integral part of the Customer’s main development team. They are involved in continuous enhancements and new features development of e-commerce solutions on the Magento Enterprise Platform and help with the custom content management system. The Team is also involved in a number of smaller projects:
- the Customer’s Loyalty program development that operates within all six stores and countries
- banners management system using Akamai content delivery network
- the internal project of data testing from the ERP system: the functionality which tests data transfer and synchronization with the business system.
Magento Enterprise Platform
The Magento Platform is a flexible and customizable platform which can be easily integrated with any third-party solutions. One of its strong points is the capability to simultaneously manage a big scope of orders and users. With Magento Enterprise sharing one platform for various Gymgrossisten online stores, it is possible to maintain all six e-commerce stores in one place. The platform is also supported by the Akamai system, the world’s CDN leader, which accelerates the stores’ performance and speed by large.
Key Project Features
- Exceptionally high customization level: numerous e-stores (including B2B solution) can be maintained in one place which makes it easier and faster to manage them.
- Seamless integrations with all major third-party solutions: it can be easily deployed in any environment.
- Advanced Shopping Experience: possibility to create personalized content, the ability to manage and create custom customer attributes and segmentation.
- Advanced dynamic caching: enhances performance with caching of relevant content for all users using Akamai and Aptus eSales.
- Backend technologies: PHP, Magento Enterprise
- Frontend technologies & tools: HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Knockout JS, Compass
- DataBase: MySQL, Redis
- Recommendation and search engine: Apptus eSales
- Continuous integration: Jenkins, Capistrano
- Content delivery network & cloud computing services: Akamai
- Virtualization: Docker, Vagrant
- Other tools & integrations: ERP, Payment providers, New Relic