Senior front-end developer
Do you want to make a difference by combining a passion for technology with excellent teamwork?
Forbytes is looking for a skilled Senior Front-End Developer with an eye for detail to join our growing company. If you are a pro-active and talented individual it might just be you that we are looking for. As your job will require a lot of teamwork with the rest of the development team it is important that you have good communication and time management skills.
Forbytes is a professional software development company with offices in Sweden, UK and Ukraine. We help our client-partners by making sure they have the right digital tools and solutions across their business to do their work with ease
Your workplace is situated in Lviv, in a new two-story office with nearby parking and easy access to public transport.
We pride ourselves of having an open and friendly work environment with a cooperative atmosphere. Everyone is carefully handpicked so that this small company can function well together.
Your job as Senior Middle Front-End developer is to work with our client-partner to develop and manage their requirements in comprehensive detail. Amongst your responsibility are:
- Deliver clear, defect free, and tested code
- Analyse and develop custom required functionality
- Follow agreed development processes
- Properly manage time by correctly estimating your work and logging time
- Encouraging team mates
- Develop a good understanding of our client-partner’s business needs and what is important to our client-partner’s customers
- Recommend solutions that best fits our client-partner’s business needs
- Analyse and recommend constant improvements
The successful candidate
Your soft skills are as important as your technical and vocational skills in developing good working relationships. We look for team members who demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Candid and proactive within the team and with our client-partners
- Always focused on quality work
- Able to listen to others first and understands what they are saying
- A good and reliable team player
- Result oriented, self-organized person
- Constantly improving your knowledge and skills
Qualifications for the job
To be a successful candidate for this position a person should meet the following technical knowledge and previous experience:
- 4 years of relevant experience as a front-end developer
- Experience with React.js framework is a must as JS framework and Redux are the main frameworks being used in the project
- Knowledge of working with Vue.js framework would be an advantage as the project may consider using a candidate with Vju.js experience to work with an affiliate project
- Has relevant experience with HTML5, CSS3 and SCSS
- Knowledge and experience with tools like Webpack and Gulp
- Experience with the mobile first approach
- Experience with GIT
Additional advantages are if the candidate have previous experience with:
- Back-end development
- Web performance optimization
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to:
- Write and speak in English (English level on Upper-Intermediate or higher)
- Complete assignments with thoroughness and accuracy to achieve results and high-quality work
- Follow standards and procedures
- Keep complete records and reporting required for the role
- Pay attention to detail
- Complete assignments by or before the deadline
- Produce sufficient work in a limited amount of time
- Maintain control of their work regardless of external pressures
- Manage priorities
- Accept responsibilities
Benefits of working with Forbytes
- You get to work with a team of professionals who have grown with the company and are happy to share their experiences with you
- Professional challenges with the support from mentors
- Paid vacation of 20 working days, paid sick leave and public holidays
- English classes and support towards your development
- Possibility of participating in conferences, workshops both local and international
- Working in a modern and spacious office with a recreation room if you need a break and a nice kitchen for lunchbreaks
We discuss financial questions during 1-2-1 meetings. However, feel free to let us know what your salary expectation are in your cover letter when filling in the application form.
When can you expect to hear from us if you are successful?
A successful candidate for the position can usually expect to hear from us within a week of applying for the job. If interviews are already underway, you won’t be asked to come in for an interview till all existing interviews are completed.
What is the next step in the application process?
If your CV has passed the first round in the application process, you will be invited to an interview with the Forbytes team. You may be required to attend a second interview with our client-partners. You will be informed if you are unsuccessful at any point during this stage of the application process.
Do we have due dates for applications?
No. Apply as soon as you can as we accept candidates on a first-come-first-serve basis.
How can I get in touch if I have questions about the job or the application process?
Contact us using e-mail, Skype or telephone. Your first point of contact is the recruiter for this potion.