Senior DevOps Engineer
You are a self-disciplined DevOps engineer who is passionate about your job and looking for new work challenges. You want to deliver quality results and show off your skills. Currently, one of our teams is in need of a Senior and experienced DevOps Engineer who will help us to solve our client’s business needs.
Our client-partner is well-established e-commerce Group in Scandinavia. The product we are developing is a bespoke e-commerce platform that runs and automates our client-partners business. The scope of the project includes setting up a new environment with virtual machines and containers. This includes building an environment that is easy to scale and maintain.
Forbytes is a professional software development company with offices in Sweden, UK and Ukraine. It has 60+ employees. We focus on helping our client-partners by understanding their business in depth. We identify what capability they need and we deliver the perfect digital tools for them to use.
We pride ourselves of having an open and friendly work environment with a cooperative atmosphere. Everyone is carefully handpicked so that they can contribute to the company and so that we can function well together.
Your job as a DevOps engineer is to work together with the team and client and to deliver requested work for our partner. Your main responsibility will be:
- Develop new features on client’s Cloud production environment
- Advise and help the client with optimal solutions that fit their business interests
- Build and manage cloud server networks and infrastructure in production, test and development environments
- Build and maintain the CI/CD systems that run all the automated testing systems
- Help and work with other DevOps engineer and development team to optimize and automate the development process
- Perform standard administration functions as needed
- Monitor system performance, make recommendations to improve and implement system-wide changes to enhance overall system proficiency
- Monitor network availability and performance
- Assist in formulating security mechanisms to prevent, detect and respond to internal and external security threats
- Handle production support issues as they arise
The successful candidate
It is expected that successful candidate will fulfil the following criteria:
- Write and speak in English (English level on Upper-Intermediate or higher)
- Demonstrate an understanding of what each business needs and give feedback on alternative options when relevant, so we deliver the best quality solution that fits the business needs
- Elicit and document business requirements for software development projects
- Complete high-quality of work with thoroughness and accuracy to achieve results
- Follow standards and procedures thoroughly
- Keep complete records and reporting required for the role and level
- Pay adequate attention to detail
- Complete assignments by or before the deadline
- Produce sufficient work in a limited amount of time
- Maintain control of their work regardless of environmental pressures
- Manage priorities
- Accept responsibilities
Qualifications for the job
It is assumed that a talented and conscientious person will meet the level required in Forbytes if they have 5 + years of work experience as a DevOps engineer and could demonstrate skills, and competence in:
- Cloud Environments
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
- Able to show good knowledge and practical experience with Docker and container configurations
- Familiarity with containerized deployments – especially Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Terraform and Ansible
- Knowledge of the Google Cloud ecosystem
- Experience with automated deployment, continuous integration, and release engineering – tools (CI/CD; TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Experience in supporting highly loaded internet application environments that include web, application and database servers, cashing, queues, and load balancing systems
- Experience with Git
Benefits of working with Forbytes
You get to work with a team of professionals who have grown with the company and are happy to share their experiences with you
- Professional challenges with the support from mentors
- Paid vacation of 20 working days, paid sick leave and public holidays
- English classes and support towards your development
- Possibility of participating conferences, workshops both local and international
- Working in a modern and spacious office with a recreation room if you need a break and a nice kitchen for lunchbreaks
We discuss financial questions during 1-2-1 meetings. However, feel free to let us know what your salary expectation are in your cover letter when filling in the application form.
When can you expect to hear from us if you are successful?
A successful candidate for the position can usually expect to hear from us within a week of applying for the job. If interviews are already underway, you won’t be asked to come in for an interview till all existing interviews are completed.
What is the next step in the application process?
If your CV has passed the first round in the application process, you will be invited to an interview with the Forbytes team. You may be required to attend a second interview with our client-partners. You will be informed if you are unsuccessful at any point during this stage of the application process.
Do we have a due date for applications?
No. Apply as soon as you can as we accept candidates on a first-come-first-serve basis.
How can I get in touch if I have questions about the job or the application process?
Contact us using e-mail, Skype or telephone. Your first point of contact is the recruiter for this potion.