Quality Assurance Engineer
“Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.” – Henry Ford
You are a self-disciplined Quality Assurance engineer who is passionate about your job and looking for a new work challenge. You want to deliver quality results and show off your skills. Currently one of our teams needs an experienced and talented Quality Assurance Engineer who will help us to solve our client-partner’s business needs.
Forbytes is a professional software development company with offices in Sweden, UK and Ukraine. It has 60+ employees. We focus on helping our client-partners by understanding their business in depth. We identify what capability they need and we deliver the perfect digital tools for them to use.
We pride ourselves of having an open and friendly work environment with a cooperative atmosphere. Everyone is carefully handpicked so that they can contribute to the company and so that we can function well together.
Your job as a QA engineer is to work together with the development team to deliver functionality for our client-partner’s business that is tested and does not contain defects. Your main responsibility will be:
- Create test plans, test sessions and other testing documentation that are required on the project
- Perform manual, regression testing
- Perform integration tests with 3rd part tools (EEP system, payment provider, etc)
- Analyse and Validate User Scenarios & Acceptance Tests (US&ATs)
- Develop preconditions needed for test sessions (scenarios)
- Evaluate needed testing coverage and develop cases based on it
- Develop and maintain all kinds of testing documentation related to the testing process
- See and escalate potential risks and side affects
- Provide testing reports
- Participate in releases preparation and demo presentations
The successful candidate
It is expected that a successful candidate will fulfil the following criteria:
- Write and speak in English (English level on Upper-Intermediate or higher)
- Demonstrate an understanding of what each business needs and give feedback on alternative options when relevant, so we deliver the best quality solution that fits the business needs
- Elicit and document business requirements for software development projects
- Complete high-quality of work with thoroughness and accuracy to achieve results
- Follow standards and procedures thoroughly
- Keep complete records and reporting required for the role and level
- Pay adequate attention to detail
- Complete assignments by or before the deadline
- Produce sufficient work in a limited amount of time
- Maintain control of their work regardless of environmental pressures
- Manage priorities
- Accept responsibilities
Qualifications for the job
It is assumed that a talented and conscientious person will meet the level required in Forbytes if they have 1+ years of work experience as a Quality Assurance engineer involved with enterprise projects and can demonstrate skills, knowledge, and experience in:
- Knowledge in SDLC
- Experienced in validation and verification of business rules
- Good knowledge and practice of JIRA, MySQL, GIT, Unix/Linux
- Good at confirmation testing and integration testing with third-party services (ERP system knowledge is a plus)
- Knowledge of requirements analysis and clarification
- Able to create and run tests based on user stories and acceptance criteria
- Able to develop preconditions needed for test scenarios
- Able to evaluate needed testing coverage and develop cases based on it
- Able to develop all kinds of project documentation related to the testing process
- Able to see potential risks and side affects to detect impact during regression testing
Benefits of working with Forbytes
You get to work with a team of professionals who have grown with the company and are happy to share their experiences with you
- Professional challenges with the support from mentors
- Paid vacation of 20 working days, paid sick leave and public holidays
- English classes and support towards your development
- Possibility of participating in conferences, workshops both local and international
- Working in a modern and spacious office with a recreation room if you need a break and a nice kitchen for lunchbreaks
We discuss financial questions during 1-2-1 meetings. However, feel free to let us know what your salary expectation are in your cover letter when filling in the application form.
When can you expect to hear from us if you are successful?
A successful candidate for the position can usually expect to hear from us within a week of applying for the job. If interviews are already underway, you won’t be asked to come in for an interview until all existing interviews are completed.
What is the next step in the application process?
If your CV has passed the first round in the application process, you will be invited to an interview with the Forbytes team. You may be required to attend a second interview with our client-partners. You will be informed if you are unsuccessful at any point during this stage of the application process.
Do we have a due date for applications?
No. Apply as soon as you can as we accept candidates on a first-come-first-serve basis.
How can I get in touch if I have questions about the job or the application process?
Contact us using e-mail, Skype or telephone. Your first point of contact is the recruiter for this position.