Magento back-end developer
You are a motivated and self-disciplined Magento back-end or PHP developer who wants to work with Magento based products. You want to deliver quality results and show off your skills and ability to deliver high performance e-commerce solutions based on Magento. We are looking to expand our current teams to take care of the increased demand for businesses changing to the Magento 2 platform.
Forbytes is a professional software development company with offices in Sweden, UK and Ukraine. We help our client-partners by making sure they have the right digital tools and solutions across their business to do their work with ease
Your workplace is situated in Lviv, in a new two-story office with nearby parking and easy access to public transport.
We pride ourselves of having an open and friendly work environment with a cooperative atmosphere. Everyone is carefully handpicked so that this small company can function well together.
You will work with our client-partner(s) to implement their e-commerce solution on both Magento 1 and Magento 2. You will need to develop a good understanding of the client-partner’s business and their customer’s needs. This understanding will be critical to developing a solution tailored for their specific business. You will need to configure e-commerce platform, develop bespoke customizations and integrate the e-commerce solution with 3rd party solutions. The ability to work with databases will be an integral part of your work.
The successful candidate
Your soft skills are as important as your technical and vocational skills in developing good working relationships. We look for team members who demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Candid and proactive within the team and with our client-partners
- Always focused on quality work
- Able to listen to others first and understands what they are saying
- A good and reliable team player
- Result oriented, self-organized person
- Constantly improving your knowledge and skills
Qualifications for the job
To be a successful candidate for this position a person should meet the following technical knowledge and previous experience:
- Understanding of OOP principles and design patterns
- Knowledge of PHP starting from version 5.6 and higher and MySQL Database
- Experience in working with GIT
- Experience in Magento 2 is a plus (understanding of Magneto’s code structure, extension architecture, theme hierarchy and fall-back components)
- Familiar with Linux (configure and use local development environment)
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to:
- Write and speak in English (English level on Upper-Intermediate or higher)
- Complete assignments with thoroughness and accuracy to achieve results and high-quality work
- Follow standards and procedures
- Keep complete records and reporting required for the role
- Pay attention to detail
- Complete assignments by or before the deadline
- Produce sufficient work in a limited amount of time
- Maintain control of their work regardless of external pressures
- Manage priorities
- Accept responsibilities
Benefits of working with Forbytes
- You get to work with a team of professionals who have grown with the company and are happy to share their experiences with you
- Professional challenges with the support from mentors
- Paid vacation of 20 working days, paid sick leave and public holidays
- English classes and support towards your development
- Possibility of participating in conferences, workshops both local and international
- Working in a modern and spacious office with a recreation room if you need a break and a nice kitchen for lunchbreaks
We discuss financial questions during 1-2-1 meetings. However, feel free to let us know what your salary expectation are in your cover letter when filling in the application form.
When can you expect to hear from us if you are successful?
A successful candidate for the position can usually expect to hear from us within a week of applying for the job. If interviews are already underway, you won’t be asked to come in for an interview till all existing interviews are completed.
What is the next step in the application process?
If your CV has passed the first round in the application process, you will be invited to an interview with the Forbytes team. You may be required to attend a second interview with our client-partners. You will be informed if you are unsuccessful at any point during this stage of the application process.
Do we have due dates for applications?
No. Apply as soon as you can as we accept candidates on a first-come-first-serve basis.
How can I get in touch if I have questions about the job or the application process?
Contact us using e-mail, Skype or telephone. Your first point of contact is the recruiter for this potion.